· Monday June 20 bring your Marble Run to school.
*NB: It is a DIY at home project, assembled at home and brought to school.
Design and Make a Marble Run
Think about and try to include:
· Can you make the marble run so that it makes a sound when it reaches the bottom?
· Can you make the marble run so it changes direction?
· Can you make the marble run so that the marble does something unusual on its way to the bottom?
· Have fun
· Be creative eg: a part may glow in the dark
· Decorate eg: with stickers
· Keep it very simple or not
· Work on it together with your family
Some suggested materials to use are:
shoe boxes, cardboard rolls, old pipes, popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, pool noodles, glue guns, masking or duct tape etc.
At school, in preparation, we have brainstormed ideas, viewed examples on You Tube and sketched a draft that may or may not resemble the final product.
I have posted examples on our class Blog of previous inventions that you may find helpful.
Thank you for supporting this learning experience.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me, if you have any queries.